Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a true housewife.. at least today!

i really have no idea what came over me today, but i felt like making homemade bread. the last loaf i made i could have used as a door stop. so, i've been avoiding it for quite a while. i decided to give it another shot this afternoon. i used a different recipe and my brand new bosch...and the bread tuned out great. actually, better than great! i made two rounds and two loaves. both are beautifully golden!!

let me know if you want the recipe. it was super easy. and if your not a lover of your bosch yet, you will be!

as if that wasn't enough homemaking for one day...i did more. while i was making bread i realized all my aprons are old and frumpy. i decided i needed a new, trendy, desperate-housewife-like apron. so i rumaged through my material and came up with this. it turned out so cute! i feel so sassy in the kitchen now. sorry, there's no tutorial for it...i made it up as i went, and since i didn't now if it would turn out or not i didn't take pictures. but the final product was too cute to not show you all.

i'm thinking of adding a cute pocket on the front in the red dot material...what do you think??

10 comments:

jhjonze said...

The apron is adorable and the bread looks delicious!

Taylor Jewell said...

I love the apron. Yes, a pocket would be so dang cute.

Adam and Casie said...

Wow Marci I need that I love it! The bread looks awesome! You are so so crafty we need to get together for a lesson :) hehe

Lacey said...

Nice job Marci! Cute apron too!

Heather Zwygart said...

Marci you are so talented!! Good job!

m@R(! said...

amazing!! so my birthday was last week and you forgot to get me a present so where is my apron??? :) jk
love it

Johnsens said...

I would love the recipe for the bread, it looks soooo tasty! The apron is adorable, I can't believe you just whipped that up, look how awesome you are. I think you should figure out how you did it and then do another post. I love your site

Jake and Tayli said...

OOOO yum! That looks amazing! My mouth is watering. And cute apron. How did you get so creative?

Denise said...

Dang woman, git ur' dun.

katyvee said...

I THINK you could wear that apron.. to church. Might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.
And no. I will not let you teach me how to make warm, homemade bread.. because I 'heart' warm, homemade bread, and would eat the loaf in no time time flat.. causing problems in my "keep the carbs low cause you're 37 and not gettin' any thinner" plan.